TOP 50 Kids Coach Award
The Top 50 Kids Coach Award honors dedicated golf professionals who have proven success in developing youth programs in their communities. These professionals bring knowledge, passion, energy, and organization to their programs. They have been successful in engaging and retaining young golfers in the game by infusing their programs with fun while simultaneously providing a structured set of goals, objectives, and rewards.
Award winners are selected based on the following:
- Having completed U.S. Kids Golf Certification. Login to view your status.
- Use of the U.S. Kids Golf Player Pathway and success in advancing young players through the Pathway.
- Depth of experience coaching youth, especially those players 12 and under.
- Percentage of coaching time spent with youth, focusing on players 12 and under.
- Time spent on course during instruction and availability of Forward Tees for program participants.
- Fun and creativity in the program.
- Communication with, and involvement of parents.
- Only one applicant per facility may apply for this award in any given year. Therefore, please confer with any other staff members to assure that only one application is submitted.
- Candidates are subject to a background check.
- We are often asked about parent/student nominations and/or the submission of supplemental materials such as youth program handbooks, photos, etc. While we welcome receiving these materials, they are not considered in the application process.
Master Kids Coach Selection Criteria
- Top 50 Kids Coach criteria applies.
- Candidates must have been selected as a Top 50 Kids Coach two times.
- Following selection for a third time, Master Kids Coaches are recognized at the following PGA Show.
- September 1, 2023 - Online Application Open
- October 13, 2023 - Application Deadline
- December 31, 2023 - Announcement of Winners
- January 2024 - Awards Ceremony | PGA Merchandise Show | Orlando, Florida